San Diego Domestic Violence Lawyer
You need a local experienced, affordable, aggressive, and one of the best San Diego domestic violence lawyer on your side if you or a loved one has been arrested for domestic violence in SD, CA.
A San Diego domestic violence lawyer team who are here to help you during this scary time.
A team that knows how stressful being arrested or charged with domestic abuse can be and who is ready to defend you or your loved one against this charge.
Just because you were arrested or being charged with domestic violence does not mean that you will be convicted of the crime.
When accused or arrested of any crimes in San Diego such as family violence the first thing someone should do is consult with a misdemeanor and felony San Diego domestic violence attorney to make sure that your right is protected and that you have a chance of successfully defending your case.
Most people think that they can defend their case on their own or hire a cheap lawyer but that is a big mistake as that is gambling with your freedom and reputation.
The best thing to is consult with an experienced domestic violence lawyer that has dealt with cases like yours and knows how the justice works.
San Diego Domestic Violence Laws
San Diego domestic violence law falls under the California penal codes,. Under the state law it is illegal to apply physical force or to give harm threats to a partner in an intimate relationship.
The most domestic violence crimes are:
- Under the California penal code 273.5 corporal injury of cohabitant or spouse. It is illegal to inflict any sort of corporal injury that results to a traumatic condition. This crime is committed by striking an intimate partner in a violent way and resulting in an injury that is visible even if it is a small bruise or swelling. The law can be applied if the victim is a former or current spouse or a cohabitant or your child’s parent.
- Under California penal code 243 (e) (1) PC domestic battery states that it is actually a misdemeanor to inflict violence or inflict force on your intimate partner. This category includes a parent of your child, cohabitant, fiancé, dating partner or former spouse. This category doesn’t need any visible injury.
- Penal code 273d PC defines child abuse. It is illegal to inflict injury or corporal punishment on a child where it was inhuman or cruel and resulted in an injury even if it was even slight. The laws allow a parent to spank a child with reasonable latitude, but a line should be drawn where such punishment is cruel or caused some injuries to the child.
- Penal code 273a PC covers child endangerment, which makes it unlawful to allow children under your care willfully to suffer some harm or to have their health or safety endangered. An example is where a woman permits her boyfriend to beat her own child or a parent operating a dangerous leap within the home.
To understand the state domestic violence law better contact a San Diego domestic violence lawyer who can get your questions answered.
Typical San Diego Domestic Violence Lawyer Practice Area
San Diego Domestic violence law firms handle DV cases such as:
- Misdemeanor domestic violence
- Felony domestic violence
- First Time domestic violence
- Multiple domestic violence
- Restraining orders related to domestic violence
Get Connected With One Of The Best Criminal Domestic Violence Law Firms Near You For Consultation
In California, it is not legal to commit criminal threat, battery or assault against another person.
If the victim in the case is a parent of a child, a dating partner, a cohabitant, a spouse or fiancée, the domestic violence laws can make this allegation even more serious.
In California, the DA’s office, including the San Diego DA office has got a very special unit that is entirely dedicated to the prosecution of such domestic violence cases.
Usually, a domestic violence in San Diego will still proceed even if the one accusing recants or even insists that the charges be dropped.
In many counties including San Diego, domestic abuse convictions get jail term, even for the first offense cases that are considered as misdemeanors.
The goal of any San Diego criminal defense lawyer should be to get your case dismissed or reduced.
Also, a top-rated defense team should not be afraid to go to trail to get you result.
Please contact a San Diego domestic violence lawyer for consultation and strategies on how to hand your case.
San Diego is a beautiful city with many things to do. So don’t spend it in jail, get the legal help to protect your right.